This year the competition will be take place on Wednesday, September 3 5:30 PM at Silver Lake College. This will give you all summer to read and then compete the first week of school before you are too busy to do anything.
The Battle committee met last Thursday in Two Rivers to choose the 8 books for the competition. The titles are as follows:
- The Re-gifters by Mike Carey (graphic novel)
- Shark Girl by Kelly Bingham
- Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet (nonfiction)
- Peak by Roland Smith
- Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
- Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
Our library’s team will compete against the Manitowoc, New Holstein, Chilton, Brillion and Kiel libraries. Each team consists of 8 7th-12th graders who work together to answer trivia questions based on the 8 titles above. After the battle, all teams are invited to eat pizza and drink soda. All participants will recieve a team t-shirt just for playing. A traveling trophy is awarded to the winning team.
While Two Rivers has not won YET, we have always done well, a trend I am hoping to continue this year so come be a part of this fun event.