Tuesday, March 16, 2010

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterward, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heart wrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time. (from Barnes & Noble)

Why I picked it up: It kept showing up on all the lists, good reviews, on blogs, etc. I figured I should see what all the hoopla was about.

Why I liked it: Very touching, good characters, heart wrenching is a good word.

Who I would give it to: Teens who like Laurie Halse Anderson and Sarah Dessen.

Keep a Kleenex on hand.

No comments: